Effective June 1, 2018 the Maine Center for Sport and Coaching will no longer be offering online Leadership Training Courses. Those who need to enroll in the Leadership Training Courses may register for courses offered by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association at www.niaaa.org.
The official site of the Maine Center for Sport and Coaching
The Maine Center for Sport and Coaching (MCSC) is committed to providing quality training for coaches and athletic administrators to advance the knowledge and practice of core principles that promote safe, accessible and positive educational and developmental experiences for Maine youth.
The MCSC is proud to offer Leadership Training courses as part of the NIAAA Leadership Training Program. The NIAAA Leadership Training Program is a professional development education program established in 1996 by the NIAAA to:
- Promote the professional growth and prestige of athletic administrators
- Provide an opportunity for athletic administrators to participate in the nation’s best professional organization whose activities are directed exclusively to high school and middle school athletic administrators
- Provide education programs as a resource tool for athletic administrators
- Promote quality in all programs conducted at the national, state and local level
NIAAA Leadership Training courses now being offered by the MCSC online are
- LTC 501 Athletic Administration: Philosophy, Leadership Organization and Professional Programs
- LTC 502 Athletic Administration: Principles, Strategies and Methods
- LTC 504 Athletic Administration: Legal Issues I (Risk Management)
- LTC 506 Athletic Administration: Legal Issues II (Title IX, Sexual Harassment)
- LTC 508 Athletic Administration: Legal Issues III (Hazing, ADA, Employment Law)